Removal and Installation of the Shock Absorber Bushings
Attention! Due to the structural diversity of the mounting of shock absorbers to the suspension and the body of the car, only the general principles of the bushings replacement are considered in this manual.
- Unscrew the elements of the shock absorber mounting to the suspension and the body of the car.
- Remove the thrust washers.
- Remove the shock absorber from the car.
- Remove the worn out bushings by any suitable way.
- Remove the metal spacers, if any, applied to the shock absorber.
- Clean the thrust washers and spacers from rust and dirt. Rate the degree of wear and damage to these elements. Replace if necessary.
- Clean the bushings’ bearings of the on the shock absorber, body and suspension.
- Compare the diameters of the bearings, thrust washers, spacer and new bushings. Make sure of right choice of the bushings.
- Lubricate the new bushings, spacers, bearings on the shock absorber with the grease supplied in the kit, or any other consistent grease.
- Install new bushings in shock absorber.
- Install thrust bushing.
- Install shock absorber in the car.
- Install thrust washers and fix shock absorber to the body and car’s suspension
- Check the evenness of bushings placement in the bearings.
Attention! The tightening of the fixing bolts must be performed on the loaded suspension, when car stands on wheels on the plain surface. Tightening force is according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.