Removal and Installation of the Steering Rack Pad
Attention! Before starting works on dismantling and installing the pad, note the location of the pad’s cut on the steering rack. This is important for proper installation and operation of the pad.
- Unscrew the elements of the steering rack pad’s mounting to the frame or the body of the car.
- Remove the pad from the steering rack.
- Clean the bearings on the frame or body, pad’s mounting elements from rust and dirt.
- Evaluate the wear and damage of these elements. Replace if necessary.
- Cut the new pad in the same place as it was on the older one.
- Install new pad on the bearing the same way as the older pad was.
- Mount the pad’s fixing elements.
- Tighten the fixing bolts.
Attention! Tightening force is according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Removal and installation of the car suspension elements must be carried out according to the instructions of the car manufacturer, paying attention to the position of the car parts.
Car suspension parts of Siberian Bushing are the parts responsible for safety, and have been designed for the maintenance and repair will be carried out by qualified specialists, in accordance with the car manufacturer’s instructions.
Attention! The tightening of the fixing bolts must be performed on the loaded suspension, when car stands on wheels on the plain surface. Tightening force is according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.